Seven declarations that Jesus gave about Himself:
#1. I AM the BREAD OF LIFE (John 6:35, 41, 48, 51).
- Jesus is the bread of life which came down from heaven. The Word of God provides spiritual nourishment for the mind, body, soul and spirit. Whoever partakes of this bread shall be fulfilled.
#2. I AM the LIGHT OF THE WORLD (John 8:12).
- God is light and Christ is the image of the invisible God. Jesus is the Light of the world illuminating its darkness. He gives us the light of the Gospel.
#3. I AM the DOOR OF THE SHEEP (John 10:7, 9).
- Jesus is the Door of the sheep. He is the door open for passage and communication to the Father. He is the sole way to glory, and the entrance into eternal life.
#4. I AM the GOOD SHEPHERD (John 10:11, 14).
- He is the Shepherd of the flock. He gathers the lambs in His arm and carries them close to His heart. He gives His life for the sheep.
#5. I AM the RESURRECTION and the LIFE (John 11:25).
- Jesus is the source of both life and death. There is no resurrection, neither is there eternal life apart from Christ. He does more than give life, He is life. Therefore, death has not power over Him. This spiritual life is given to all who choose to believe in Him; (1 John 5:11-12).
#6. I AM the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE (John 14:6).
- Jesus is the fountain of all truth. The Word is the Truth and the Life from all eternity with the Father. Christ is the way to heaven by the doctrine which he taught. By His holy life and conversation, He set an example that we should follow his steps, by the influence of his Spirit guiding us, and assisting us.
#7. I AM the TRUE VINE (John 15:1, 5).
- Jesus is the True Vine, and Believers are the branches of this Vine. The True Vine nourishes the branches. The union of the human and divine natures and the fullness of the Spirit that is in him resemble the root of the vine. He is the true root and support of our spiritual life and fruit. The root is unseen, and our life is hidden with Christ.
“IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. HE WAS WITH GOD IN THE BEGINNING.”
John’s testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God” ;(John 1:32-34 NIV)
John was the forerunner for Jesus. He identified Jesus as the Lamb of God as He presented Himself a candidate for Baptism. This is the place where God’s voice was heard declaring “This is my Son, in Him I am well pleased.”
This is the place where we recognize all three Persons of the Godhead (Trinity), at the same place, at the same time, fulfilling three distinct roles. The Three-in-One God!
The Bible is the written Word of God revealed. Written not only to the prophets, teachers, and believers, but to “whomsoever will believe.” God revealed Himself from the beginning of time, and throughout all ages. Jesus is God revealed in flesh as “Immanuel, the dwell among us God”. If it had not been for God’s love, we would all be dead in our sins and destined for hell without a way out. But, God through Jesus Christ made a way out. The Father sent His only Son, to die a sacrificial death in our place. He took our sins upon His body, died and went to hell for us, and God raised Him from the dead. Now salvation is available to all who believe in Him. Jesus is the Way, the only Way to the Father. Romans 10:9 tells you how to make Jesus Christ your Savior. Pray and ask God to reveal Himself to you, and invite Jesus to come into you heart. Make Him your Lord and Savior today! For SALVATION click here!
If you’ve accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, “WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF GOD!”
Sources: 1. The Bible (KJV, NIV) 2. Charles Swindoll; 3. Got Questions.org
(*None of the pictures used belong to me)