THE 21st CENTURY MIRACLE
“Miracle On The Hudson”
On January 15, 2009, Captain Chesley B. (Sulley) Sullenberger, and First Officer Jeffrey Skiles, made an unpowered emergency water landing in the Hudson River after multiple bird strikes caused both jet engines to fail, rendering the plane powerless. Captain Sulley was able to miraculously land the $60 million aircraft safely on the water; all 155 passengers survived. Captain Sullenberger and his crew were all awarded the Master’s Medal of the Guild of Air Pilots and Air Navigators.
This story was widely televised on every news station, new papers, magazines, and talk shows covered the story. There were dozens of interviews taking place introducing the Pilot, Captain Sullenberger, and his flight crew. There wasn’t a news more popular, nor as widely heralded than, “The Miracle on the Hudson.”
What an amazing phenomenon! We all know that planes like the one landed by Captain Sullenberger are not designed to land on top of water and stay afloat. If not for the miraculous hand of God, the impossible would not have been possible. I am not trying to discredit the success of Captain Sulley and his crew, however, every detail reported and recorded was orchestrated by the hand of God. Every detail from start to finish happened by the will of God, and the floating plane was witness by millions throughout the entire world.
God, Who at sundry times and in divers manners speaks in various ways; (Heb. 1:1).
He does this to make Himself know to all of mankind. So that mankind would know that the God of the Universe,(and the Bible), still exist. He is alive, and He is maintaining and sustaining every detail as pertaining to life. The fact that you and I are alive to testify is all the proof that we need. Miracles happen everyday and every miracle is attributed to God, the Maker of heaven and earth; (Gen.1:1).
What I Believe Is True About The Bible
- The Bible is the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory,
- Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him, yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death, and judgment entered the world, and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
- By God’s grace we are saved through faith, in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing and receiving Jesus as their Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as we enter the Kingdom of God as sons and daughters of God.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of the lost and sinful people.
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling presence enables the Christians to live a godly life.
- I believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
- I believe in the spiritual unity of believers as the Church of Jesus Christ.
- God gives all believers spiritual gifts. The gifts of the Spirit are active and relevant today. They are given for the use of building and strengthening God’s Church. God also gives gifts to demonstration of His love and power; (1st Cor. 12:4-11; 1st Peter 4:10).
- Divine healing is active in the lives of people today through Jesus, who is the Healer. Healing includes physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual restoration; (Luke 9:11; Matthew 9:35; Acts 10:38).
- I believe in water baptism, as taught and demonstrated by Jesus, as the way for believers to identify with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
- Following in the footsteps of Jesus is essential. Preaching, teaching the Gospel, making disciples, caring for the poor, widows, orphans, loving our neighbors, and living a life of compassion are prime example of Christian living.
SALVATION IS THE FREE GIFT OF GOD TO ALL WHO BELIEVE
The Bible is a love letter written to man regarding sin, repentance, and forgiveness. God has made a way for the sins of the world to be forgiven and eternal salvation is offered to all of mankind. Where the Bible is concerned there is no room for unbelief or doubt.
The reason we should believe the Bible is because of its accuracy. When put to the test, the Bible is proven true in every area. Its truth extends both naturally and spiritually to touch and change the lives of it’s reader. Study, mediate, pray for wisdom, you’re guaranteed to have a life changing experience. The Bible is indeed the infallible Word of God; (2nd Tim. 3:16).
You can become a part of the greatest miracle that has ever happened. If you have not received the free gift of salvation, now is the time. Romans 10:9 says, “If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus died on the cross for your sins to be forgiven, was buried, and rose on the third day, you shall be saved.
Let’s pray: Lord Jesus Christ, I believe that you died on the Cross in my place. I believe that you exchanged your righteousness for my sin. You took my sins to hell with you when you died, you rose on the third day and now you are Lord over all. Jesus, I ask you to come into my heart, and be my Lord and Savior. Jesus I ask you to reveal yourself to me. Amen
If you prayed the prayer above, “WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF GOD!”
*References: The Holy Bible, The Bible Hub.com; Got Questions.org; News Week.com; Wikimedia.org; Photo Credit: Greg Lam Pak Ng
*None of the pictures used belong to me.