Christians are in a war, and the opposing forces that come against us, attacks us physically, by touching us through our circumstances. The enemy will attack our flesh, our family, and he uses materialistic objects that are essential for our survival, to try to strategically defeat us mentally. Therefore, we must be prepared and dressed for the battle. No soldier goes into battle without the proper equipment. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of the dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. We must put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, we may be able to stand our ground, and after having done everything to stand, stand firm dressed in your spiritual armor; (Eph. 6:11-13).
For our weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds; (2nd Cor. 10:4a).
SPIRITUAL WEAPONS – (Eph. 6:14-18)
- The Belt of Truth around your waist.
- The Breastplate of Righteousness
- The Shoes of the Gospel of Peace
- The Shield of Faith
- The Helmet of Salvation
- The Sword of the Spirit
There’s a 7th piece of armor which activates all the others. “Prayer” is the seventh weapon, and it’s powerful! It pushes the enemy back and puts him promptly in his place, when you use it.
“FASTING & PRAYER has an intensifying effect. Prayer is a weapon and fasting helps us to keep our focus.”
Prayer is our connection to God, and is most essential for anyone who desires to be used mightily in the Kingdom. Fasting helps us to gain a new perspective, and a renewed reliance upon God. Through fasting and prayer we able to gain a deeper relationship with God, and we demonstrate to Him that we are serious about our relationship with Him. Fasting allows us to take our eyes off of worldly things, and enables us to focus our complete attention to God. We turn our hearts towards God as we seek Him for wisdom, and keeping Him at the center of our focus builds confidence.
Every Christian is in the Lord’s Army, and without the proper knowledge you will be defeated. Everything that you have gone through has prepared you for “such a time as this”. Teach your children and your future generation the Word of God. By do so, you’re building a memorial for your family, and preparing them for their future.
The last piece of information that I want to equip you with is satan’s strategy. He uses these tactics to keep Christians in bondage and to destroy our peace.
- Keep Christian’s busy with non-essentials.
- Tempt them to over spend and go into debt.
- Make them work long hours to maintain empty life styles.
- Discourage them from spending family time together.
- Over stimulate their minds with television and computers, so they can’t hear God speaking to them.
- Fill their coffee table and nightstands with newspapers and magazines, so they have no time to read the Bible.
- Flood their mailboxes with sweepstakes promotions and get rich quick schemes to keep them chasing material things.
- Put glamour models on TV and on magazine covers to keep them focused on outward appearances.
- Keep them self-satisfied and working in their own strength, so they’ll never know the joy of God’s power working through them.
Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might. We have the Victory!
*Please note that none of the photo’s used belong to me.