Have you ever witnessed a miracle that happened right before your very eyes? Whenever God is apart of any equation, something miraculous is bound to happen. “True Stories of the Miracles of Azusa Street and Beyond” is the book that I chose to share with you. It’s a power packed non-fiction novel that’s filled with testimony after testimony of incredible stories of ordinary people, who received extraordinary life changing miracles. “This is an amazing book!”
“True Stories of the Miracles of Azusa Street and Beyond” is written by Authors, Tommy Welchel and Michelle P. Griffith. This incredible little book contains a total of 176 pages, but it is filled with ‘Divine Miraculous Healings’ straight from heaven. These are not ordinary everyday miracles that a pill can cure, nor are any prosthetic parts used to help the disable to become mobile again. The Shekinah Glory Cloud actually rested on Azusa Street for 3 1/2 years, which is the same amount of time that Jesus’ ministry existed on earth. It was 3 1/2 years of jaw dropping, eye-ball-popping, incredible miracles that happened on Azusa Street.
It was a revival that was the closes to what the Apostles experienced in Acts Chapter Two. The day of Pentecost is a testament of the arrival of God’s promised Holy Spirit. The miraculous took place there. Tongues of fire appeared and set every heart aflame. There was a baptism of the Holy Spirit that caused men to speak in other languages. Every man who heard what the Holy Spirit was saying, heard him speak in their native language. On that day three-hundred people gave their lives to the Lord.
AZUSA STREET AND THE SHEKINAH GLORY
Azusa Street Revival was located at 312 Azusa Street, Los Angeles, California. The recorded miracles happened from April 1906 to Nov. 1909. The glory of God inhabited this former warehouse and stable in the early years of the twentieth century, releasing miracles of healing 24 hrs. a day 7 days a week, for 3 1/2 yrs. Missing limbs grew out where there were none, eyeballs filled in empty sockets, cancerous growths fell off and lives were restored, as the Shekinah Glory filled the building.
“A cloud covered the mountain and the glory of the LORD settled on Mount Sinai; (Ex. 24:17). When Solomon’s Temple was being dedicated, the house of the LORD was filled with a cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of God; (2nd Chron. 5:13-14).”
This same glory cloud dwelt within the walls of the Azusa Street mission and even hovered around the outside of the building during the revival throughout the entire mission. Sometimes flames could be seen shooting from the rooftop of this mission converging with flames shooting from the sky into the mission, as was described in Exodus 13.
God chose the least likely of vessels to use to display His glory. The miracles perform were not done by big name preachers. God used ordinary teenagers and young people to doing extraordinary work, which actually were accomplished through them by Him. These were the children who gave up playing after school to go to the mission and witness, and perform miracles, some began as early as 12 yrs old. Some of these teenagers went on to start some of the most significant religious movements of our time.
God called them, anointed them, and filled them with His Spirit to accomplish wondrous feats that the modern world could only hope to witness. These young faith healers came together on one accord to see the sick healed, to lay hands and pray. What took place on Azusa Street happened right before the eyes of many witness. People came from various parts of the world to be apart of this ministry. Many came for healing, while others came to witness the miracles they had heard about, which were taking place on Azusa Street.
In preparation of writing this book review, I compiled a total of 57 pages of notes. There were over 100 miracles performed at the hands of various faith healers. There were at least 31 different types of healings. Eye sights were restored, deaf people were able to hear for the very first time. Diseases were cured. Tumors removed, cancers cured; people with dysfunctions and infirmities were loosed, and the list goes on and on…
Here are a few examples:
- A group of 35 deaf people formed a circle joined hands. Without wavering, the faith healer whispered in the first man’s ear and told the spirit to come out. Immediately the miracle happened. The faith healer only touched the first man in the circle, from that point on, God took over and allowed His power to flow through the connected hands touching each and every one gathered in the circle.
- A man with Parkinson disease was shaking so badly that he was wheelchair bound. The faith healer took authority of the disease, commanding it to be gone, in Jesus’ name. The man started calming down and soon he was out of the wheelchair, up dancing around.
- 24 people were healed from down syndrome.
- A woman in her mid-twenties, had a tumor ½ the size of a basketball on the side of her head. People began to lay hands on her, and the tumor began to shrink.
- A group of people who had rheumatoid arthritis. As prayer went forth, bones began popping, arms, legs and hands straightened out.
- An extremely prejudice white man traveled from N.C. to Azusa Street, but the first time he didn’t receive healing because he was so prejudice that he didn’t want anyone black laying hands on him. He went back to his hotel and God dealt with him. The next day he came back to Azusa Street delivered of his prejudiced attitude. Bro. Seymour, (a black man) was able to lay hands on him and he received the Baptism.
- A testimony was told of a man who had a face like the elephant man. His face was so badly disfigured that the lower half of his face hung below his chest. He came to Azusa Street Warehouse, and one of the faith healers laid hands on him and prayed for him. As the faith healer prayed, changes began to take place at that very moment. Afterward, the man was incredibly handsome!
This was all done by the power of the Holy Spirit, through the hands of those who had faith the size of a mountain. They believed in the miraculous power of the God operating right here on earth! This same power dwells inside of believers today!
“Let us not waste the anointing on simply experiencing a happy party. Let us take the power of the flaming tongue for the reason it was first sent into the Pentecostal upper room. You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, and the uttermost parts of the earth.” - Tommy Welchel
Since the day that I started reading, True Stories of the Miracles of Azusa Street and Beyond, I couldn’t wait to share how this book changes the lives of its readers. These stories are so incredible that as they are read, the readers faith show ownership and has the ability to increase and their belief in the power of God is strengthened. It also reassures us that God still heals today! The most exciting thing that I want you to know and believe is that God is able to perform incredible miracles using ordinary people like you and me. Please be encouraged and continue to believe for the miraculous moments in your life! With God all things are possible to those who believe.
Pick up a copy of True Stories of the Miracles of Azusa Street and Beyond, and Prepare to experience a fresh outpouring of God’s Spirit Now!
Join me on Periscope today! I’m looking forward to a chat with you!
Photo: “Out Pouring of the Holy Spirit”, shared from Pinterest.