There are several examples within the pages of the Bible that reveals God’s timing as being perfect. One beautiful example is Ruth’s story of how God can change a life and take it in a direction He has foreordained.
After the death of her husband and both of her sons, Naomi (Ruth’s mother in law), made the decision to returned to Bethlehem, the families hometown. Because of Ruth’s love for her mother in law, she decided to go with her and not abandon her during this difficult season in their lives; (1:16-17).
An Appropriate Time and in a Due Season
It was the beginning of barley harvest season, and Ruth was fortunate to get a job working in a field owned by Boaz, the families kinsman redeemer; (2:20). A kinsman redeemer is a male relative who had the privilege or responsibility to act on behalf of a relative who was in trouble, or in need.
Ruth didn’t know what the future held for her and Naomi, but Naomi’s God had a good plan in place for their lives; (Jere. 29:11). God’s purpose at every turn was to see that the Messianic blood line of Abraham continued. The blood line from which the coming Messiah would be born; (Matt. 1:17).
God’s timing is perfect and so are His ways; (Ps. 18:30).
God is never early, nor is He ever late. Our human nature makes waiting rather difficult for us. However, patience is a requirement that every Christians should exercise. Patience is a spiritual fruit that develops over a period of time. Exercising patience reveals the level of faith and maturity that we either have or lack. God already knows the level of our faith, therefore, He is waiting for us to come to realization of this revelation. Trouble has a way of exposing this fact to us, and then we come to the realization that patience develops during the valley seasons of our lives.
Oftentimes, we question God’s timing, especially when we’re in difficult situations and we’re looking for deliverance. Here are 7 encouraging Scriptures to ponder during the valley seasons of your life:
- Know that God hears your cries and He will answer your prayers in His timing: (Ps. 18:30; Gal. 4:4).
- Knowing God’s character helps us to understand His ways. He operates according to His perfect will; (Isa. 55:8-9).
- God is faithful and He is never far from us. He’s a present help in the time of trouble; (Ps. 46:1).
- God often uses trials to grow our faith, bringing our patience to a level of maturity; (James 1:3-4).
- God’s unfailing love surrounds those who trust in Him; (Ps. 32:10).
- Scripture makes it clear that when we display patience God is pleased with us; (Ps. 37:7; Lam. 3:25).
- While exercising patience, we should take comfort in knowing that we receive divine energy and strength; (Isa. 40:31; Gal. 6:9).
Faith is the key that will unlock the door to your destiny. I employ you to be mindful to exercise patience and have faith in God’s timing. He is always in complete control over everything, including your situation. God is able to make all things work for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose; (Rom. 8:28).
Blessing to you my friends!