Love is a spiritual gift given to believers by the Holy Spirit; (1st Cor. 12:7-11). Galatians 5:22-23, provides a list of spiritual fruit developed by the Spirit as we mature spiritually.
The list consist of love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance. It’s a nine cluster of spiritual fruit that is developed as we mature in our Christian faith. As we walk daily in obedience to the will of God we increase in fruitfulness and our soul prospers. We are then able to freely share our love with others as God shares His love with us.
Here is a list of biblical principals designed to prosper your soul:
- Love God first; (Prov. 3:6). “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength”; (Mark 12:30; Matt. 22:37).
- Speak without accusing; (James 1:19). My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
- Give without sparing; (Prov. 21:26). All day long he craved for more, but the righteous give without sparing.
- Pray without ceasing; (1st Thess. 5:17). Pray for others, pray for your neighbors. Pray continually.
- Answer without arguing; (Prov. 17:1). Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting with strife.
- Share without pretending; (Eph. 4:15). Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.
- Enjoy without complaint; (Phil. 2:14). Do everything without complaining or arguing so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life, in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.
- Trust without wavering; (1st Cor. 13:7). It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.
- Forgive without punishing; (Col. 3:13). Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
- Promise without forgetting; (Prov. 13:12). Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.
Ask yourself, “Am I walking in love?” I encourage you to study your love walk. Challenge yourself and meditate on the Scriptures above to establish a foundation of love principles. It’s vital to your spiritual growth. Those who love like Christ will give evidence that they are disciples of Jesus Christ. Love God, love other and love yourself, (in this order). Be sure to check your spiritual fruit; (Gal. 5:22-23); Do you have any? You will find the truth when you show your love for others. Make it your business to love others to life!
May you prosper as your soul prospers. Abundant Blessing to you!