For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him, the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God; (2nd Corinthians 1:20 NIV).
Did you know that God is an eternal God and so are His Promises? When God makes a promise He is faithful to keep it throughout thousands of generations. He has given us many precious promises that are listed from beginning to end throughout the pages of the Bible.
Some promises pledge that something will be done or given, or something will come to pass even if it takes a lifetime. When God makes a promise it’s undeniable, unmistakable, and inexhaustible. Whenever He decrees a thing, the commitment is forever!
He has graciously given us exceeding great and precious promises; (2 Peter 1:4). Below I’ve listed a few for your convenience.
1. The gift of Salvation; (Romans 10:9).
2. Born again, new life in Christ; (2nd Corinthians 5:17).
3. Provisions; (Matthew 6:33).
4. Protection; (Psalm 91).
5. Abundant Life; (John 10:10).
6. Restoration; (Joel 2:25).
7. To complete a good work in us; (Philippians 1:6).
8. Peace; (Philippians 4:7).
9. All things will work for our good; (Romans 8:38).
10. His Return; (John 14:2-3).
11. Never to leave us, nor forsake us; (Deuteronomy 31:6).
12. To be with us even until the end of time; (Matthew 28:20).
He gives us these promises to help us to rest, rely on, and trust in Him. He carries our burdens and destroys every yoke that holds us in bondage. He leads us and protects us daily as we travel along the paths that He has designed for us.
I leave you with a very valuable promise, it’s guaranteed to settle every doubt in your mind concerning God’s plan for your future. The Prophet Jeremiah shares it with us,
“For I know the plans that I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11).
Hold on to God’s promises, claim them as your own and expect God to bring them to pass. Teach them to your children and their children. Build your legacy upon these rock-solid promises. They will favorably produce and will last throughout all of Eternity.
Photo Credit: ChristianPhotoshops.com