“THE LORD’S PRAYER” (Matthew 6:9-13 KJV)
This prayer teaches us to first seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all other things shall be added; (Matt. 6:33).
We should pray for needful support, protection, and guidance in this present life. Trusting and depending on God to see us through.
Jesus left instructions for us on how we should pray. (This is not a formula, but a model for prayer.)
9 ‘This, then, is how you should pray:
“Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name,
* We address God as “Our Father” this establishes the basis of the relationship that we have with Him.
* Hallowed means “Holy.” God is Holy.
10 Thy kingdom come. They will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
* God’s kingdom will return to earth at the new millennium. Therefore we confess what we believe.
* God’s will is for earth to be as heaven is.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
* We ask for provisions for the day
12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
* Forgive our sins if we forgive those who have sinned against us.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
* Do not bring us into the power of temptation, to be overcome by it, but rescue us from the evil one; the power of satan.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.’ ”
* The kingdom belongs to God, the power and the glory are His forever. *Amen means “so be it.”
If you have prayed this prayer, believe, and expect God to fulfill every promise. He is faithful to His word and faithful to you. He can meet your need.
May God bless you and keep you safe. Amen.